Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, November 28, 2013

A card just because! and some sad news

Hi everyone, normally I post on Wednesdays for the Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog and we are currently on break for two weeks for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, Jennipher, the owner has had to close the blog (I found out last night) due to work commitments, health and also the health of her mother. I had been really missing not posting on the last couple of Wednesdays so I will be on the lookout for another DT to hopefully join. This is the second one I've been on this year that has had to close. It does take a lot of time to do the behind the scenes work for a blog and I want to thank Jennipher for all the wonderful leadership and time she has put into the blog to make it a happy place for all the teamies. I'll miss you all!!!! and I'm sure a lot of you will miss joining in with the challenges too.
I am still having a lot of pain in my hip area due to my fall on Saturday. I went with a friend to do some laps of the pool on Tuesday and yesterday, I could hardly walk and definitely couldn't bend down to pick anything up. I can't really swim properly and can only do that stroke that looks like a frog, lol!!! I did about 5 - 6  laps of the pool that way and walked a couple as well. I haven't done much exercise in the last couple of years and maybe I should have waited till my leg and hip were a bit better before jumping in, lol. I have a bit more movement today. I had craft to teach yesterday and that was a bit of a trial getting gear in and out of the car plus getting my two year old grandson strapped into his seat. Luckily, he can climb in and out of the car so I didn't have to lift him too.
I didn't sleep well last night, we've had two pretty hot days and with the pain and tossing and turning the nights have been a bit unsettled. I heard a noise about 3.15 a.m. so got up and went off to the bathroom. Thought I would take a peek outside and went to open the front door only to find hubby hadn't locked it. I couldn't sleep after that so came and sat on the computer and did some commenting, played some games and then went and made a coffee and watched some television!!!
Did the dishes about 6.30 a.m. and then after having a shower decided to take the recycling out to the bin. Hubby's headlights were on in his 4WD - turned them off and messaged him at work to say I hoped that his battery wasn't flat. He thought it was strange they were on because both he and my son were out seperately last night on their motorbikes and came home in the dark. They would have noticed the lights on as they came in the driveway. I'm thinking the noise I heard might have been someone in the car!!! and maybe they took off when I opened and closed the front door. Who knows, hubby hardly ever locks his car!!!
Today, the temp has dropped right down to 17C and it has been raining slightly so I've taken a photo of my card outside on the verandah and it has turned out a bit dull and I've scanned it and it's fuzzy in one corner so I'm going to share both so you can see the true colour of the DP (that's the second one!)
Here are the pics.....
This one is the photo...

and this is the scan - this is more what the DP looks like but as you can see because of the button in the corner that area is a bit fuzzy!

Recipe:
SU Night Of Navy cardstock for cardbase and mattes
SU Baked Brown Sugar cardstock for mattes
DP from Prima Marketing - Believe 6x6 paper pad
Sentiment is a digital one (not sure whose this was)
Button from stash
Twine from stash
DS tape roller
Foam Dots

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Here Come the Boys - Challenge #65 ~ Sentiment only

Well, I had better finish getting organised to go to craft. I'm picking a friend up on the way.
Thanks for stopping by,
Take Care.
Hugs,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Waw the paper is so gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Here Comes The Boys Challenge! hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear the news about Perfect Sentiments. I used to be on the DT. I will miss seeing everyone's creations. I'm a follower of most everyone & will look forward to seeing your stuff!
    I'll be praying for you-get better soon!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards Sandy...lovely to see a sentiment as a main feature

    Annne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brill cards, Thank you for playing along at Here Come The Boys and good luck.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely papers! thank you for playing at Here COme The Boys WOo & Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...