Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Through the Craftroom Door Challenge Blog - GD Spot

Hi everyone,
What a  wild, wooly day it turned into yesterday. So windy during the day (it blew the pilot light out on the hot water system) and then around 6p.m. we had an electrical storm. I was babysitting and Layla, the 4 year old starting off saying she liked Thunder and not the Lightning and by the time her Mum came to pick them up she was hiding from the Thunder too!!!. They had to travel home in the storm so hopefully she didn't get too scared. I didn't sleep all that well the night before so went and got ready for bed early and thought I would have a lie down for a while. Well, LOL that was that for me - I woke up after midnight, hubby had come to bed and was fast asleep. I got up to use the bathroom and back to bed and dropped off again. After that I had a fitful night. so when I woke this again this morning I didn't feel at all refreshed. LOL, hubby had even got up and gone to work without me even noticing!!! He must have had an early start..
My friend Fran and I went to Shirley's to make cards and I messed the first one up so badly because I just wasn't with it, but I improved and got the next two just right LOL.
We had lunch out and then popped in to a couple of craft shops to get some foam dots and a snowflake punch.
Back home and I spent the rest of the afternoon having a chat with Mum on the phone, doing my dishes and checking my e-mails. Hubby had a late job so didn't get home till just after 7 p.m. when I was just about out the door heading for choir practise. I put the salmon in the frying pan and left him to finish cooking. When I got home after rehearsal, I found out that he'd overcooked it. Oh well, it only takes a couple of minutes to dry fish out.

I was privileged to be chosen for a Guest Designer Spot for today over at Through the Craftroom Door Challenge Blog 
I got to use this image from this week's sponsor   Guylou Intimitabilites  called  Cool Chuck   Isn't he a cutie?

Front of Card
 Inside of Card
Recipe:
Blue cardstock from stash
DP's are both from My Mind's Eye - the stripey one was from "Complete Boy"
Scrap of SU Crumb Cake (for the sentiment)
Digi image is from Guylou Intimitabilites ~ Cool Chuck
Sentiment is from There She Goes ~ "Out of this World" stamp set
SU Night of Navy inkpad
Stripey Brad from Kaisercraft
Nestie - Circle Dies - Large and Small sets
Circle Punches - 1" and  1 1/8"
Oval Punch
Copic Markers

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #6 ~ Anything Goes
Here Come The Boys - Challenge #39 ~ Die Cuts/Punches
Cards for Men - Challenge 23 ~ Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Challenge #195 ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - Week 179 ~ For Men Only

Thanks for stopping by and for those who left comments, many thanks!!!
Hope you hop over to the blog at Through the Craftroom door to check out the challenge starting today.
Take Care,
Sandy

9 comments:

  1. Such a great card Sandy and perfect for a teenage boy...love the image and your papers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheerful card,good paper colours. inside too, xxmumxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,love the image and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great male card Sandy. Fab image and love the papers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card, I love your fab image and papers.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card to teenager Sandy, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Sandy, love the muted colours and the circles that follow through to the inside of your card. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for my For Men Only challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Sandy. Sounds like such a terrific day too...crafting, friends, food and catching up with family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love your colours. Thanks for joining us at HERE COME THE BOYS.
    Hugs Di
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...