Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sympathy card for Ann

Hi everyone, it's been another lovely day weather wise and back to work for hubby and son after our long weekend. Yesterday was a public holiday. The boys were all over and Adrian was spray painting our eldest son's motorbike. So they were helping with prep work.
Today, Fran picked me up and we went to Shirley's for cardmaking, poor Shirley has picked up a cold and she also had 3 or 4 guys there installing the Solar power system on the roof. It was quite funny, us sitting there making cards with them wandering in and out doing bits and pieces and calling out to each other.
We finished up early as I was singing with my choir in the Town Hall at the Lord Mayors Gala Concert and had to be in the hall by 12.15 p.m. for a sound check and also to see where we were standing on stage. We didn't actually go in to perform until about 1.30 p.m. There were 27 of us (only part of the choir) but it went well. As Fran dropped me off I was going to have to take public transport home. My friend, Rose and I headed down the road to go to our bus stops and decided to take a detour into the shopping mall. I thought I would look for a dress to wear to my nephew's wedding.  I tried on several, but none were the right size and too pricey too!!! There was one I really liked but didn't want to spend that much money. We walked down to "Target" and I found a lovely lace dress for less than a third of the price and then went back to the other shop and bought the little jacket that I had tried on. So I got a fab outfit and the little jacket can be worn with other things too.
My feet were killing me by this time and I still had to walk quite a way to the bus stop. I stood waiting for the bus for absolutely ages and started talking to a lady who was waiting for the same bus. It wasn't until I told the bus driver where I wanted to go that the woman asked me my name and we found out she was one of my neighbours only a few houses away on the other side of the road. I've met her a few times but don't see her around much. I did think she looked a bit familiar, LOL. So we sat and chatted on the way home and walked down the street together. I really only know the neighbours on either side of me and a couple across the road. We just don't see people around much.
Anyway, I've been out at rehearsal again tonight, it's been a crazy night and got home rather late so will push on and share my card with you.
This one was a commissioned card for a friend. One of her friends lost his wife and she rang and asked me to make her a card and wanted it to be fairly plain - not fussy as it was for a man.
This is what I made for her.

Front of Card

Inside of card
Recipe -
Blue card from stash
Swiss Dots embossing folder
Nestie dies - Label Twenty - one (I think-will go and check later) and  the oval die
SU Ballet Blue inkpad
Script embossing folder
The sentiment on the inside is from an SU set - Love & Sympathy
Sentiment on front is from My Favorite Things - Clearly Sentiments About Sympathy

Thanks for stopping by and many thanks for the wonderful comments.
Take Care,
Sandy

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sandy,love the sentiment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. like this one,lovely misty blues. and wording.. xx mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card and touching sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...