Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Father's Day - Classic Car

I'm back again! Tuesday is my day to visit Shirley and Doug and Fran and I make 3 fab cards that Shirley makes up for us. We always have a fun time together, lot's of laughter and chat, pats for the two dogs and Shirley makes us a cappaccino as well.
We also had a meal at a little eatery before heading back home and then I had to do a couple of loads of washing. It wasn't a good drying day today and it was too late to hang them on the line so back to using the clothes rack in front of the fire again!!!
I tidied the kitchen a bit and then found a bit of time to do some commenting on a few blogs. I made tea for us and then had to rush off to choir practice. We have a concert coming up at the end of the month so we only have a few practices left now.  I take a friend home and by the time I left her and got back here, it was rather late.
Thought I had better sit down and come up with a card for today and here is the end product.
The card is a top fold and I used diagonal panels to form a pocket for my tag.

front of card
inside of card
 tag on front of card

The basecard is SU Early Espresso with a top fold
The Plaid DP is fromWeRMemoryKeepers 6x6 paper stack TRAVEL light
I cut another piece of Early Espresso and then cut it in half diagonally
The striped DP (cut diagonally) is from DaisyD's - Vintage Stripe Patchwork
The Tag was made using SU Sahara Sand cardstock
Black and white gingham ribbon from stash - attached with a staple.
Sentiment is from Creative Expressions - Classic Cars
Car is from the same set, coloured with Copic Markers
Diecut - Sahara Sand backed with a piece of Early Espresso - car was popped up with foam dots.
Tyres on the tag and on the inside are from Kaiser Stamps - On the Move
SU Basic Black Ink
SU Light Grey Ink

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Do You Stack Up - Challenge 76 ~ Boys/Men
Sundays with Crissy - Tags & Tickets
2Sisters Challenge - #96 Plaids & Stripes
Delightful Challenges - For the Boys

Well, I had better get off to bed, hubby is fast asleep, not snoring at the moment, but, LOL, I bet as soon as my head hits the pillow, he will start!!!
Thanks for stopping and for those who left comments, thankyou very much, I enjoyed reading them.
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. Love the diagonal panels, makes a perfect pocket for the tag! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the diagonal panels, makes a perfect pocket for the tag! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and colouring Sandy, love the papers too and the fold...great card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card & tag!
    Like the plaids & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tag on your card Sandy and great car image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy .great masculine card .love the card design .Love the image and the inside with perfect paper as well .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pocket card...Love the tag. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great male card,contrast of papers and colours, like inside too.
    love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is one,super male card Hun just love the tag,idea its super hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, love the tag in it! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Delightful Challenges for our Male Themed Challenge! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great guy-card! A guy card can be hard to do but you did exceptionally well with this theme! Thanks for joining in my challenge too at Sundays With Crissy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...