Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Birthday Wishes for Rachel

Welcome back, I hope your weekend is going well and you're finding time to get those little jobs done that you never get to during the week and also finding some time for your family and yourself.
Our granddaughters got picked up around lunchtime and I got ready to go to my friend Judy's house for our Saturday craft group. Poor Judy has been unwell the last few weeks with quite high blood pressure and a few other things so has decided for the time being to cut down on having the group every week to maybe once a fortnight. We are all doing the same thing at present, which is making a beaded Christmas Tree. You have to make beaded branches and there are lots of them. I've only made 9 so far and as they are different sizes, I am on to the third size. We bought it as a kit so we didn't all have to go out searching for the many different components we needed.
I left there a bit earlier than usual and picked up Mum from her house and then headed back here to pick up my OH so we could go out to the Hotel near us to celebrate our youngest daughter's birthday. There were 28 adults and 4 children and I enjoyed catching up with some of my friends that I hadn't seen for a while. It took the staff quite a while to serve all the meals as there was a private function going on as well as two large parties of people in the room we were in and the rest of the place was booked out too.
I made this card this morning as it is the one I gave to Rachel for her birthday, and I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time tonight so here it is:

front of card


inside of card (sorry the sentiment doesn't appear to stand out very well in the scan :( and I've already given it to Rachel so can't take a photo)

Basecard is SU Tempting Turquoise
DP is from My Mind's Eye
Image is Lili of the Valley - from a pack of freebie images with a magazine and printed onto white card.
Copic Markers for colouring
Picket Gate diecut using Cheery Lynn Designs Garden Gate Die
Handmade flowers using scraps of DP and punched leaves (green card scraps)
Nesties - scalloped circle and plain circle
Sentiment - SU God's Blessings Stamp Set
(It reads: Today is God's gift to you... Each day you are God's gift to me           Happy Birthday)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Stampin with the Dragon - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by again and I've really enjoyed reading your comments. Very encouraging..... thankyou!!
Take Care,
Sandy

6 comments:

  1. Hi sandy
    This cute linage is precious. Sorry to hear about your friend. I sure hope she gets better soon. I love the colors.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, again, Sandy. I've got those LOTV images too, I must use them some time lol

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANother gorgeous card Sandy...sorry to hear about your friend

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sandy,
    Such a delightful image and wonderful colors
    Happy weekend.
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, know Rachel liked it,love the sentiment,sweet young couple,
    Enjoyed the evening,thanks for driving me. love mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, great colouring, love the picket gate die. Glad your dinner went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...