Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baby Elephant Birthday Card

Hi everyone, hope your weekend is going smoothly. No craft today as my friend Judy was suffering from a migraine. I get them occasionally and I know how bad they can be, so hope hers has cleared up by now.
I better get on and share my card as it is very, very late. I decided to watch some C.S.I episodes tonight so I was a bit late starting this one. I've made it for our grandson's first birthday. We are all going out for lunch tomorrow for his and his sister's 4th birthday as they are not very far apart.
I've used SU Early Espresso for the cardbase which is folded tent style. A piece of SU Bashful Blue card. The DP's are from stash and both are from pieces I've previously cut. The image was stamped with Basic Grey and coloured with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. The stamp is from SU and is called "Elebration". I added a ribbon to the card and then put the elephant topper on with foam dots. I added a sentiment from a set by Hero Arts called "Anytime Messages" using SU Cherry Cobbler for the ink. I finished off with some Craftworkcards Candy in the top right hand corner.
I also decorated the inside, again using a piece of the Bashful Blue and then a strip of the circle DP. I cut a nestie shape using the All Boy DP and then cut a circle from the blue card with a nestie die. I punched a circle out of the Early Espresso and then stamped the sentiment (from Kanban stamps - Wooly Bears - Isobel) onto white card using Cherry Cobbler and punched it out with a smaller circle and layered them together.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Make It Monday Linky Party - #90 ~ Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Challenge 13 ~ For the Boys
Stampin with the Dragon - Birthdays and Boys

Better go and get some sleep, thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.
Take Care,
Sandy

front of card
 inside of card

8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Sandy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Hun,this is just gorgeous,just beautiful,love it,hugs Cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...such a cute image and love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card love the elephant and colours inside and out, love mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy, love this card :) I love the colour combo of brown/blue, must use it more often.
    PS Thanks for dropping by my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image , love the colours and the background papers .

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card sandy.fab design and the elephant is so cute :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...