Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easter Blessings

Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying a pleasant weekend. My tooth is still not very good, but have coped with less tablets today. I'm not far off bed so will take another lot so will get a good sleep, hopefully. We actually get an extra hour tonight as daylight saving finishes and I will have to change my clock so the alarm goes off at the right time. LOL, if I don't do it I will be an hour early for church in the morning!
I went to craft at my friend, Judy's house today and picked up another friend on the way as her daughter had to go to work and needed her car. Just took along some paper embroidery to do as we decided to just do our own thing this week.
I made chicken vindaloo for tea - I didn't realise it was so hot!! We both were struggling with it. Adrian ate all his but I couldn't manage mine, way too spicy.
Anyway, here is my card for today.
I've used a pale bluey/green cardstock for my basecard and then a layer of light orange, a layer of slightly darker bluey/green DP with little leaves over it. Another layer of the light orange and then the image stamped onto white card. I used nestie dies to cut it out and also a yellow scalloped circle to back it. I coloured the image with Copics and also a white jelly roll pen (for the sheep) I used basic brown to ink the image and the sentiment on the inside. Both stamps come from a retired SU set called Faith & Hope. The inside has a piece of the light orange. I punched a strip of the DP with a picket fence punch and layered a strip of orange and a small strip of the yellow on top. Another nestie diecut, backed with some of the yellow card to finish off.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenge - Challenge #176 - Easter
Challenge Up Your Life - Challenge #66: Farbkombination / colour challenge. I wasn't quite sure whether the first two colours were a blue or green so have gone with a blue that has a green tinge to it when you put it up next to other blues, hope this is okay. The scan shows is a darker colour that what it actually is.

Just Add Ink - JAI #111 Just Add Easter
Raise The Bar - Challenge #98 - the promise of EASTER (religious aspect)
It was great to "see" those of you who stopped by and left me a comment.
Take care,
Sandy

front of card

inside of card

13 comments:

  1. This is a bright happy Easter card love the picket fence and the lamb gives it a special touch.verse on inside good too. love mum
    yes , put my clock back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty inside and out Sandy what a fantastic card I love this Hugs Elaine
    Ps sorry to hear you are still poorly , dont forget the clock ... Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Sandy,a gorgeous image and fabulous colouring.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and lovely, Sandy! Gorgeous take on those colours and love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy, such a lovely card and beautiful message inside! Hope you get your tooth sorted out soon. Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Sandy! Thank you for playing along with us at OSCC this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! The colours in the photo are glorious and you've matched them up really well

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sandy this is just so cute love the beautiful colours hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing along at OSCC this week! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sandy inside and out . love the colour combinations

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very sweet card, Sandy. I love the bright colours, the cute images, and the picket fence! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute - you have all the Easter elements here. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is such a cute card! I like the sheep and the little rabbit! Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...