Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Girl with flowers

Hello and welcome to my blog today. Another lovely day here but not quite so hot as yesterday. I have my youngest granddaughter staying with us today and tomorrow. She came to craft with me this morning and as it is held on a church premises they have a Sunday School room which is quite large and filled with so many toys. She has a ball! I don't see her at all for 2 hours as she is so engrossed with playing she doesn't even come out for her drink and snacks! My craft table is just outside the room so she doesn't have far to come looking for me.
I was teaching today and chose to do a little project called a secret box, we didn't manage to finish it so will have to take the cuttlebug with me again next week. One of my ladies was the co-ordinator of the group and didn't even manage to sit down long enough to do all the measuring and cutting so it will be another full lesson for her and that is if she doesn't go off wandering again.
My card for today is done in my favourite colour Purple
The basecard is SU Concord Crush and then a piece of SU Wisteria Wonder. I cut a 3cm strip of the Concord Crush and used Martha Stewart's picket fence punch and layered this over the lighter purple. The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Happy Everything" and inked in SU Elegant Eggplant. I also used the word window punch and added some bling on the flowers and on the fence piece. The image, a digi from Pink Gem Designs called "Kaya with Flowers" was coloured with Copic Markers (skin tones, browns for the hair and lilac for the dress with a touch of red on the shoes) and I used two Nestie dies to make the circles. I used a piece of Wisteria Wonder for the inside of the card and matched it up with the front again using the picket fence border punch.
I would like to enter this into the following:
The Cheerful Stamp Pad Challenge #36 - Happy Birthday
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #61 - Monochrome Magic I've used shades of purple with just a touch of red and skin tones and browns for the hair.

Thanks for stopping by, hope your day was a good one,
Take Care,
Sandy

front of card


inside of card

14 comments:

  1. wow,what a gorgous card,so pretty yet neat.really like it.job well done love mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Sandy,lovely image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card!
    I like the 'Happy' font!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's very sweet - love the purple! Thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy.....I think you need to ring-fence your ladies...haaa!
    I really like that fence die....adding to must-have list now.....and this is a lovely girlie card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the way you've used the fence. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great in all the purple shades, love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely creation
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card!!! Love the purple colourings!! Thanks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Hun this is one super cute image and just love the colours you have used hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card and in my favourite colour too K x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...