Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sitting Reindeer

Not so hectic today. Although still a full day. I started off the morning attending another 2 hourlecture from the series Living with Diabetes. This time we had the dietician speaking to us explaining about what are carbohydrates, how much is a serve etc. What my Mum was told when she first got diabetes is totally different to what they are teaching now. We were told that if we had a teaspoon of sugar in our tea or coffee you could still do that and you could have a smear of jam or a piece of cake as long as it wasn't on a daily basis. I wasn't real impressed with some of the serving sizes especially the amount of pasta. Looks like I will have to retrain my stomach to eat smaller meals. I have been cutting down on a lot of things already!
A quick stop at the shop to pick up some lunch and something for the girls for their afternoon tea. My friend dropped me off and I arranged a table and chairs in the family room so we could have the air-conditioner because it was about 31C today.
Tea out with friends at the local pub and as I had no choir practise, we spent a little bit more time sitting and talking.
My son and DIL dropped his motorbike off here as he had trouble with it today, so I got to say hello to the grandchildren as they sat in the car for five minutes. Little Isaac was nearly asleep but held on to my finger and I got half a smile.
Hope you all have had a good day.
I've made another Christmas card, are you getting sick of them yet?
This one is on a SU Real Red cardbase, DP could also be SU but not sure. once they are cut up, it's anyone's guess who made it LOL.
The little reindeer is another freebie digi and was coloured with Copic Markers, cut out and mounted onto a Nellie Snellen diecut and then onto a square of Real Red.
The sentiment is another one of the lovely colourful rub-ons I had hiding in my stash and I used a border punch on one side trimmed it and mounted onto a piece of Real Red, The silver sparkly ribbon came from a free gift of a shopping bag from the Adelaide council when we attended the concert at the Town Hall on Tuesday, they were wrapped up a bit like christmas crackers. So, a bit of recycling!
I am entering this into the Come and Get It Challenge - Anything Christmas
Thanks for popping in today.
Take Care,
Sandy

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so very sweet Sandy! Love the silver ribbon to finish it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy its enlightening to read a "patient's" view point on a disease!Yes it needs a bit of emotional adjustment doesn't it
    Be strong
    Love
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. his is fabulous Sandy,great image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, although the reindeer looks a little sad!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...