Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Monday, July 25, 2011

Singing and Dancing in the Rain!

Well, another day has flown past and I'm starting to wonder where this year has gone as there are whispers of Christmas around the corner! I find each year goes faster and I get older LOL.
I popped out to see my Mum today and then back home so my daughter could come and do a bit more cleaning. She stayed for tea which was nice. She has an interview this week for a nursing home as she has recently finished an aged care course and is hoping to get some work and then she won't have to clean for me for money. She says she will do it for free!
My card tonight has an image of a girl with an umbrella and her foot slightly up in the air and reminds me of the scene with Gene Kelly in "Singing and Dancing in the Rain"
Cardbase is SU Pear Pizazz and then the same creamy brown card I've used recently. I stamped the image on white card and then coloured it and cut it out and mounted onto the creamy brown card and then on to some DSP which I cut with the Fleur de Lis rectangle nestie. I used an old retired SU set with a music theme and stamped the music notes twice to get a border - I used Hunter Green ink. I then finished it off with the sentiment from a See-D's set and used two sizes of circle punches and sponged it with Hunter Green, popped it up with foam dots.
Thanks so much for popping in and for all the lovely comments that were left on yesterday's post. I loved seeing what you had to say and appreciated them all.
Take care,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Love this 'oh so vintage card', Sandy! Something so graceful about those 'below the knee skirts' - don't know what but they look so elegant! And the music stamp at the bottom adds so much grace to your creation.

    Hope DD gets the job she wants... my heart says she will.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,
    Wonderful card, love the musical flare to it, great colors also. Great job.
    Good luck to DD.

    Hugs
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shhhh..don't even think about Christmas yet. LOL
    Although, I love it so much and it is my favorite holiday. But, summer is my favorite season.

    This is a wonderful, vintage creation. Lovely framing.

    I see you sing in a couple choirs. I sing in a choir of around 170 people...it is a praise and worship choir. Until recently, I was singing in my church choir, too. Taking a break from that one.

    Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brings the child out of me, walking in the
    puddles,good fun card,like the colours.congrats.
    love mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy thanks for company today ..Love this image too ...oh dear where do you find them ..
    Love the frame and the the row of music notes at base of card .
    hugs Shirley-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...